The Oak City Vegan (chef) Challenge (OCVC) is a contest challenging local Raleigh chefs to add a plant-based (vegan) entrée to their menu. Customers try the dish and vote on the best in several categories. This year, 6 restaurants are competing. Winning chefs are announced on October 15th at the Triangle Vegfest!
The Challenge supports local restaurants while making more room at the table for everyone – vegan, vegetarian, flexitarian, omnivore alike. It is organized entirely by local volunteers.
Learn more below, including about prizes and sponsors! Everyone gets a chance to win – chefs and diners! Watch our Facebook and Instagram pages for regular updates and prize announcements.
How Do I Participate and Vote?
It’s easy. Go to the participating restaurants throughout from September 12 – October 1. Order the #ocvc2016 dishes. Then vote. (Ballot link coming soon.)
- GO to one of the participating restaurants.
- ORDER the #ocvc2016 dish – the server should know, but if not – let us know!
- SHARE. Snap a photo of the dish and share your experience on Facebook or Instagram. You will be entered to win a prize if your photo is selected. You’ll need to tag us and use #ocvc2016 and be sure the photo does not have privacy restrictions. If it’s not public, we can’t see it. We will have various prizes throughout the month so share pics early and share often!
- VOTE. Once you have tried as many options as you can and feel confident of your choices for the “best in” categories listed below fill out your ballot. This is not a scientific survey but we highly encourage that you try as many competing restaurants/dishes as possible – both for the restaurants involved and for your enjoyment!
- WIN. There are prizes for voting, sharing photos, most dishes tried, and more! We’ve got awesome prizes for both voters and chefs!